When visiting Poland, you simply must try Polish vodka!
In Poland, like in no other country, vodka is a part of our national soul, customs and culture. Since the invention of this drink at the beginning of the 15th century, which is confirmed by archival documents dating back to 1405, it has become a permanent fixture in Polish cuisine, social and community life, and is an inseparable part of our lifestyle. This is why you should learn more about vodka while you are visiting Poland. Nobody knows and understands vodka better than Poles.
You’d be wrong if you think that vodka is a horrible drink that burns in the gullet and is only drunk to get drunk. Vodka comes in many styles, flavours and shades. Mild vodka made of wheat tastes different from vodka made of potatoes, which has a stronger flavour. Also, there is a whole group of sweet, coloured and flavoured vodkas. Our tour will allow you to delve into the interesting world of vodkas, learn about their types, history and the culture of consumption.
However, that is not all. In Polish culture, vodka is inseparably linked with a snack (zakąska). These small dishes, functionally similar to Spanish tapas, are dishes invented and prepared especially to accompany vodka drinking. Each vodka requires a different appetizer, just as different wines go with different dishes. During this event, we will introduce you to the most popular appetizers and show you how to match them with different vodkas.
During this tour you will understand the fascinating world of vodka, learn how to combine it with various dishes. And finally, you will learn how to make drinking vodka a real pleasure.
- Theoretical introduction, what Polish vodka is, how it is produced, what its types are.
- Discussion of the six basic types of Polish vodka.
- Rules of tasting and evaluating vodka.
- Presentation of the role of appetizers (zakąska).
- Presentation of six types of snacks
- Rules of selecting an appetizer for each type of vodka
How to make a TOAST the Polish way and why it is so important, when drinking vodka!
- Tasting of six different types and styles of Polish vodka together with selected appetizers.
During the workshop you will learn:
- What is Polish Vodka
- How Polish vodka is produced
- How to taste vodka
- How to mix vodka with food
- What is a zakąska…
- How to make a proper toast!
What makes us different:
- Small groups (maximum 15 people)
- Experienced instructors – bartenders with years of experience
- Location in the HEART of Krakow, near the Main Market Square
- Workshops take place in the most famous Polish restaurant Wierzynek!!!
- Care and assistance of a local instructor – an experienced bartender (who speaks fluent English)
- Six vodkas representing the most popular types
- Six different appetizers
- All fees and taxes
- Workshops take place every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 12:30 pm at Restaurant Wierzynek, Krakow Market Square 16
- Meeting time: 12:20
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Confirmation will be taken at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult ??? chyba nie? No children!!!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The minimum age for participants is 18 years
- In the center
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
In front of the entrance to the Restaurant Wierzynek, Krakow Market Square 16.